The New West Grand Prix depends heavily on a team of volunteers to make this world class cycling event come to life. The window of time to set up the course, hang sponsor banners and supervise barricades for road closures is a monumental task and we can’t do it without your help. As a member of the volunteer team, you will receive:
- An exclusive & specialized volunteer t-shirt;
- An invite to our annual mandatory volunteer dinner/information session on July 4th, 2017 with an opportunity to win some amazing door prizes;
- The opportunity to get directly involved in one of North America’s most exciting professional cycle race events.
Race day is Tuesday, July 11th, 2017 – so mark your calendars, and click the link below to fill out the volunteer application form.
HOST A RIDER/TEAM
Enhance your enjoyment of the New West Grand Prix by volunteering to host an out of town or country cyclist or team!
For many race participants, their trip to the New West Grand Prix would not be possible if it wasn’t for the generosity and hospitality of local families who participate in the host housing program. Host families make a valuable contribution to the sport of cycling.
HOSTING IS EASY – THERE ARE ONLY THREE REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide the cyclist(s) a place to sleep and shower for all or part of BC Superweek (July 6-17, 2017 / 11 nights);
- Provide a safe storage place for bike and gear;
- Although not responsible for providing meals or transportation, many riders will appreciate permission to store items in a refrigerator with access to kitchen appliances.
Every year, BC Superweek race committees see relationships formed between cyclists and their host families that are memorable and last a lifetime. Being a host family is a great opportunity to see inside the world of competitive cycling while exposing your children to the discipline and commitment required to be a professional cyclist.
Do you want someone to root for at this year’s New West Grand Prix? Sign up to be a host family today!